Friday, May 10, 2013

Mother's Day Weekend

Happy Mother's Day! 

Tori told me last night she wanted to be a mommy when she grew up, "Just like you, Mom."  I told her that was a great goal to have, and the most important and rewarding job she could pick.  I told her that was my favorite job of all and that I loved taking care of her and her brother.  She smiled and proceeded to scamper out of the room to go potty.  Yep, good talk. 

This mother's day Russ is in Singapore on business.  It won't be the day of sleeping in, meals cooked (or rather take-out picked up), everything-done-for-mom-isn't-she-great day that I expected (or was looking forward to) as a family.  Instead, my best friend is coming in to town to watch Tori and Will while I go get a facial, maybe run an errand or two, and we get to hang out.  I get to care for and enjoy the children as I would on any other Sunday and that's all OK with me.  When I realized Russ was going to be away I was initially really bummed...mostly because of the sleeping in part!  Then my friend offered to come and we created what will be a really nice day.  Life is full and that is what counts. 

On Sunday morning when Tori wakes me up I will tell her it's Mother's Day and we will talk about all the fun things we are going to do that day.  Then we'll probably go get Will and fill him in on the plans, admire his ridiculously cute toothless smile, wake up my friend, get breakfast and see where the day takes us.  Well, it's taking me for a facial, but beyond that, the world is ours.  What more could a mom ask for?   

No comments:

Post a Comment